Once you become an approved participant in a Veteran’s Affairs program, Caring Companions will provide the quality home care and companionship our veterans deserve. There are several veteran in-home care programs for which an individual may qualify, we want to make sure you have explored your options:
- Improved Pension Benefit Program
– Aid and Attendance Allowance
– Housebound Allowance
- Homemaker/Home Health Aide Program
- In-Home Respite Program
If you or your spouse served 90 consecutive days of active military duty – at least one of those days during a U.S. declared war – you may qualify or be partially qualified.
Other qualifications include specific financial criteria and documented physical need for in-home care.
To begin the application process, you will need:
- Original discharge certificate
- Marriage certificate (divorce papers from any prior marriages, if applicable)
- Death certificate of veteran (if applicable)
- Social Security numbers for the veteran and spouse
How to Apply
The specific VA benefit or program web page will provide tailored information about how to apply for a particular benefit or program. Generally, Service members, Veterans, and families can apply for VA benefits using one of the methods below.
- Apply online using eBenefits, OR
- Work with an accredited representative or agent, OR
- Go to a VA regional office and have a VA employee assist you. You can find your regional office on our Facility Locator page.
For any additional information, call Caring Companions Senior Home Care at (417) 234-8494.